2020 Osseo Summer Care
Care Offered Thursday, June 11 - Friday, August 14
Registration Starts May 19 at 9:00 AM
Our summer child care aligns with guidelines and direction from the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) and Health (MDH), and the United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) regarding COVID-19.
This new “2020 Osseo Summer Care” replaces the previous Kidstop and SPOT summer programs and requires a new registration.
- Summer care will start on Thursday, June 11 and end on Friday, August 14. The program will be closed on Friday, July 3.
- Summer hours of operation will be 7:00am - 5:30pm.
- The fee for summer care is $42.00 per day per child. Fees cover a grab and go breakfast option and afternoon snack daily. Families need to provide a bag lunch each day.
- Five sites will be available at elementary schools for entering grades K-5 for care with 13 classrooms at each site. Two middle school locations will be available for entering grades K-8 to spread out in two different areas and could have up to 20 classrooms.
- Students and staff will be grouped in ratios of 1:9 and site capacities will be smaller than usual. This ratio may be adjusted as needed to align with any updates to current health and safety recommendations.
- Students could be combined in a group with similar ages (K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8) and we will only keep siblings together if the parent/guardian makes the request through contract questions.
- Students will stay in the same classroom throughout the day and will rotate into different spaces (such as gym, outside, and media) with the same 9 students. Students do not have access to playgrounds at this time, per current guidelines. Choice and enriching activities will be offered daily to each classroom; however, students will not be able to mingle with other students throughout the day.
- Contract options will have a new minimum requirement and need to consist of either 4-days or 5-days a week and for a duration of the summer program. We will be unable to accommodate partial, part-time or vacation breaks in summer schedules at this time. As much as we would like to accommodate a variety of schedules, doing so will not allow us to create consistent groups of 9 students.
- If you choose a 4-day a week contract, the days of the week your student is registered must remain a M-Th consistent schedule for the duration of your summer contract.
- If you have a summer contract already, it will be removed by our business office (you should not enter the withdrawal) and a refund of the original registration fee that you already have paid will occur once that contract is removed. If you want care this summer, please register again, this time for the “2020 Osseo Summer Care” program (see details below). For this new registration, you will be charged a $25.00 registration fee per student.
If your family would like to move forward with child care this summer, please complete the following steps:
- Register for a new summer contract HERE:
- Registration opens at 9am on Tuesday, May 19 and will be a first-come, first-placed process. Use your Eleyo account or check our website for a click here option.
- Registration closes at 9am Friday, May 22 to be considered for full-time care this summer.
- Once a site reaches max capacity of registered students, the site will be closed.
- The following sites will be open for registrations to keep group sizes smaller and meet social distancing requirements:
- Locations for students entering Grade K-5 will be Oak View, Rush Creek, Weaver Lake, and Woodland Elementary Schools
- Locations for students entering in Grade K-8 will be Maple Grove Middle Schools.
- Based on enrollment numbers and social distancing requirements, we may need to change your care to a different summer location. We will move your registration to the 2nd or 3rd choice that you indicate when registering. You will receive site confirmation once the contract has been accepted.
- We will evaluate our ability to serve students who remain registered for childcare once we have processed all the families that have registered by the 9am Friday, May 22 deadline.
More communication will be sent to families around our daily cleaning schedule and social distancing measures once contracts are approved.
We will not schedule any field trips this summer. Full school buses and most field trip locations cannot accommodate social distancing guidelines. There will be no summer field trip t-shirts distributed this year. Despite the elimination of field trips, summer fees will remain the same in order to cover the additional staff costs incurred by smaller staff-to-student ratios. Staff are working extra hard to develop fun and engaging activities to do on site including virtual field trips.
If any further state or federal guidance emerges that requires us to cancel or modify programming, you will be notified.
These changes to the 2020 summer program will not impact families’ 2020-21 school year child care contracts. All fall contracts will remain in place at this time.
Please contact us with questions by calling 763-585-7281 or emailing CECares@District279.org.