2019 Summer Registration Opens January 8, 2019
This Page's Infomation is Subject to Change Prior to January 8, 2019
Located at Osseo Middle School
|Door 2||763-391-8854||Summer 2019|
The Spot (Grades 6-8) is a place for older youth to not only hang out and make new friends but a program that is truly designed by youth for youth. Our staff places a heavy emphasis on leadership development with program participants who develop/assist in developing field trips, activities, service opportunities and more!
- Open to students entering 6th through 8th grade.
- Programming will take place from TBD at TB.
- Enrollment for Summer 2019 begins on 1/8/19. Guaranteed summer placement through 2/5/19. We will continue to take enrollments after this time until the site is at capacity, at which point we will begin a waitlist.
- The registration fee is $25.00/student if enrolled between 1/8/19 and 2/5/19. Following this time registration increases to $35.00/student.
Quality Summer Fun!
Community Education through Osseo Area Schools offers fun and engaging summer care for students entering grades K-8. All summer programs include:
- Energy, nutrition, and wellness collaboration with Lifetime Fitness.
- Early morning and late afternoon clubs, camps, and games.
- Dedicated breakfast and afternoon snack. (Please provide lunch for your child each day)
- Weekly media time, reading, and book checkout with a district media specialist.
- Off-site field trips and on-site special events.
- Active exercise curriculum teaching healthy, positive and fit responses to life’s choices.
- Family Fun Run opportunity for a 1K/5K run/walk race.
- Hands-on activities that promote learning:
|Social-Emotional Learning||Math||Healthy Culinary Innovations|
Spot Summer Family
Orientation & Sampler
Thursday, April 11, 2019
At Osseo Middle School
Pizza Dinner 6:00 pm
Formal Orientation 6:15 pm
Student Activity Sampler 6:15 pm – 8:00 pm
Casual Family Meet & Greet
- Families may visit as we prepare our summer site.
- Monday, June 10th from 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 11th from 7:00 am-8:00 am
Summer 2019 Rates and Contract Options:
- Auto Payment is required
- Guaranteed summer enrollment through 2/5/19. We will continue to take enrollments until site is at capacity, at which point we will begin a waitlist.
- Completing your registration within the priority deadline (1/8/19 through 2/5/19) requires a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 per student contract.
- Completing your registration outside of the priority deadline (after 2/5/19) requires a non-refundable registration fee of $35.00 per student contract.
- You can pick exactly what days you want your child/children to attend this summer. The more days you pick, the cheaper the rate.
- You are allowed unlimited free contract changes from 1/8/19 through 11:59 pm 5/15/19 if days are available. After 5/15/19 you are locked into your contract for the summer, and subject to the commitment day policy in your terms and conditions. Days may not be available due to staffing ratios or field trip ticket pre-orders. Following this deadline you can:
- Add days on a space available basis.
- Families may remove days if notice is received by Wednesday 11:59 pm prior to the affected week and will incur a drop fee of $15 per child. Requests must be made via an Email to CECares@District279.org
- There are no vacation days in the summer months.
- There is no swapping or banking of days.
- Removing days are subject to daily rate fee adjustments. Rate adjustments are not retroactive and take effect moving forward.
Rates Based On Days Attending (2019 Rates Pending)
|NUMBER OF DAYS||RATE|
|40 or More Days||$35.00/Day|
All programs run from 6:30 am - 6:00 pm.
Summer 2019 Field Trips and Schedules (In Progress)
The SPOT reserve the right to cancel, reschedule, or adjust a program field trip location, date, or time. This adjustment could be due to weather, facility location, or program decision. If a cancellation or adjustment does occur on a day your child/children are scheduled to attend, families will not be allowed to switch days or have your account credited due to this change. We cannot control all circumstances related to field trips and will communicate with families as soon as we know of any changes to scheduled trips.