APAC members serve in an advisory role to:
- Unite and inspire our communities around activities and athletics for students;
- Leverage the assets of our system and the communities we serve to make sure that we have the best activities programs possible for all student participants;
- Intentionally include diverse perspectives in a collaborative process to gather feedback and assess the value of our 7th–12th grade activities program; and
- Develop and recommend ideas for continuous improvement.
Characteristics of APAC members
Overall, APAC should reflect the diversity of the school system and community. Individual members are expected to:
- Be respected members of the community;
- Model a high degree of credibility with their peers;
- Be willing to listen to ideas and perspectives of others; and
- Be willing to express their points of view while working toward consensus.
- Participate actively and fully in all APAC and task force meetings.
- Support the decisions of APAC privately and publicly.
- Work collaboratively with members to create recommendations for continued improvement of the District 279 activities program.
The group meets about three times per year in the evening.