August 7, 2015
The grade spans in Osseo Area Schools are now as follows:
Middle School: gr. 6-8
High School: gr. 9-12
In accordance with school board-approved priority work for the coming year, Grade Span Steering Committee members are now preparing to monitor and adjust in the following program areas: middle school, out-of-school time, and high school.
Progress on high school facilities construction (as of August 5, 2015)
- Projected high school facilities project costs are within budget.
- Summer construction experienced minor delays at all three high schools and one major delay at Maple Grove Senior High.
- Most of the work will be completed by the time school starts on September 8. The Maple Grove Senior High gym extension will be completed in October.
- Weekly construction meetings continue to take place at each high school to make adjustments and plan for project completion.
Other project team updates
- The logistics project team met throughout the summer. Each site has a logistics contact that is helping to coordinate the cleaning schedule, summer programming, staff moves, and deliveries for their sites.
- The middle level design team’s work will resume this fall with a focus on reviewing the middle school implementation and planning for the 2016-17 school year.
- The middle school and high school advisory curriculum for career and college readiness and academic oversight will be “Ramp Up to Readiness.” Teams from each middle and high school have been trained in that curriculum.
- The high school programming team’s work will begin in August as part of planning for the 2016-17 school year.
- The human resources project team reports that all open positions will continue to be posted throughout the summer. A labor management committee will be formed this fall to evaluate the teacher transfer process that was used for this school year
- The out-of-school time programming work is just beginning.
- The technology project team has completed its work to prepare for new grade spans.