In Osseo Area Schools, we know kindergarten is an important step in your child’s life. Our student-centered kindergarten program is taught by experienced staff who love children and are dedicated to helping your child succeed in school. Free all-day, every-day kindergarten is offered in every elementary school.
To be eligible to enroll in kindergarten, students must be five years of age on September 1 of the school year for which admission is requested. If your child does not meet the age requirements for kindergarten, you may wish to consider enrolling in a preschool or prekindergarten program.
In the fall of every year, the school district sends information to families of children who are eligible to enroll in kindergarten the following year. If you have not received a brochure by October 1, you might not be in our school district census. Please call 763.391.7056 to request that a census form be mailed to you to ensure that you receive future communications.
- Know When to Do What: Kindergarten Enrollment Timeline
- Print and complete the appropriate packet:
- Enrollment Packet for Kindergarten 2016-2017 (current school year)
- Enrollment Packet for Kindergarten 2017-2018 (starting Sept. 5, 2017)
- Kindergarten Brochure English español Vietnamese
- Early Childhood Screening (state requirement for kindergarten)
- Before & After School Child Care (Kidstop)
- What Kindergartners Learn
- Getting Ready: Transition to Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Spring Orientation Schedule (For Fall 2017 Kindergarteners)
Early Entrance to Kindergarten
Some students may qualify for early entrance to kindergarten based on successful completion of a comprehensive assessment process.
In order to participate in the early entrance assessment process, students must turn five years of age from September 2 through November 1 of the school year for which admission is requested.
For more information, contact the Enrollment Center, 763.585.7350.