Tasha Feigh, of Osseo Senior High, capped off a remarkable athletic career as she was named the 2013-14 Minnesota CI-Adapted Athlete of the Year. The award is given each year to the state’s top athlete in adapted sports.
Tasha has played adapted athletics since 7th grade and has been a 5-year starter in soccer, floor hockey and softball. She has helped her teams to 16 state tournament appearances. In fact, her teams have only missed attending one state tournament during her tenure. Tasha is a defensive specialist whose job is to protect the goalie and set-up her teammates to score. Tasha has the led the soccer and floor hockey teams in assists for each of the past three season. This year she established new team records for career assists in soccer (147) and career assists in floor hockey (151). She also established a new single-game assist record in floor hockey with 9 assists in a win over Robbinsdale this year.
For the past two years, Tasha has been selected as the teams Most Versatile Athlete because she has played every position in these two sports including goalie. In softball, she has played every position except shortstop.
She is the softball team’s lead-off hitter, where she is 92-for-96 at the plate over the past two years. Her .961 batting average is also a team record.
Other honors include:
- 4 State Championships, 2 second place, 2 third place, 2 fourth place and 2 consolation
- 13 All-Conference and 4 Honorable Mention
- 4 All Tournament teams
- 3 Rookie of the Year awards
- 7 Most Improved awards
- 9 MVP awards
- 16 Varsity letters
- Captain for all 3 sports
- 4-time Star Tribune Prep Athlete of the Week
- Maple Grove Magazine Prep Elite Athlete for 2013-14
- Osseo Senior High 2014 Athena Award winner
- Osseo Senior High 2014 Female Athlete of the Year
- 2014 North Hennepin Chamber of Commerce Star Student in Volunteerism
- 2014 Presidential Gold Star Volunteer Service
-Published June 5, 2014