PHOTO: The CI-Adapted soccer team smiles proudly with their state championship trophy. This is their third year in a row securing this title.
Our students have been putting in long hours practicing for months now, and it is time to recognize them for all their hard work. We are so proud of all our student-athletes and performers. Here are some highlights from the fall:
Maple Grove Senior High
- The girls’ cross-country team earned first place in sections and advanced to the state tournament.
- In a dramatic game against St. Michael-Albertville, the MGSH football team scored three touchdowns in one minute and earned national attention for the legendary win on Nov. 9. They advanced to the state quarterfinals and had the opportunity to play at the U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Both girls and boys soccer teams won their section championships and went on to state. The boys’ team finished fourth at state and the girls’ team notched a second place finish. Meredith Haakenson earned the Star Tribune’s Metro Player of the Year in girls’ soccer.
- Abbey Cornelius advanced to the state tournament in swimming to compete in the 500 freestyle event.
- Girls’ tennis player Zoe Adkins earned the Section 5AA girls’ singles tennis title and made her way to the state tournament.
- The fall musical, Pajama Game, had six sold-out performances.
Osseo Senior High
- Cross country runners Vaughn Thomas (senior at OSH) and Lex Davis (8th grader at MGMS) competed at the state meet.
- Defensive end Anthony Williams was invited to participate in the 2017 Minnesota Football Showcase, by the Minnesota Vikings and the Minnesota Football Coaches Association.
- More than 100 students participated in the Hairspray musical as cast, tech or orchestra members.
- CCX Media named Anthony Williams (football), Taylor Quan (volleyball) and Elan Quezada (soccer) as part of the Sports Jam all-area team.
Park Center Senior High
- For the third year in a row, the CI-Adapted soccer team brought home the state championship award by defeating the Chaska/Chanhassen Prior Lake/Shakopee team 11-4. Paige Faber and Philip Worzie joined the 100-goal club this season.
- The PI-Adapted soccer team claimed third place at state with a win against St. Paul Humboldt.
- Four PCSH students participated in National Signing Day and committed to playing sports at the collegiate level. Congrats to Kylee Cox, who will play volleyball at Gustavus; Jarius Cook who will play basketball at North Dakota State; Destiny Truly who will bowl at Arkansas State; and Meghan Dubois who will play basketball at Concordia St. Paul.
- Hassan Kamara, soccer player and senior at PCSH, earned an all-state honorable mention and earned a spot on the Star Tribune’s All-Metro Soccer Team.