The Enrollment and Capacity Management Advisory Committee is a critical element of the planning and communication framework created by the Enrollment and Capacity Management Task Force in February 2016.
The purpose of the Enrollment and Capacity Management Advisory Committee is to analyze information affecting enrollment, capacity, and building use, and to generate observations and recommendations to be communicated to district administration.
Observations and recommendations will:
- Be concise and informed by data
- Align with district racial equity work
- Be sustainable
- Identify and examine the implications for all students
- Identify potential costs and consider funding strategies
- Be made with as much advance notice as possible when change is recommended
Attendance at meetings is by member appointment only
Attendance at ECMAC meetings (including all sub-committee meetings) is by member appointment only. An earlier version of this web page included a statement that had been improperly carried forward from a separate 2015-2016 group that led to the formation of the current ECMAC. The old language has been removed in order to make it clear that meetings of ECMAC are closed to observers to avoid potential negative impact on the group’s work.
There are other ways community members can be informed about the group’s work and provide feedback on eventual recommendations:
- All meeting materials are posted below.
- All school board work sessions that have ECMAC items on the agenda are video recorded and can be found below.
- Updates on the group’s work are regularly included in the district’s parent e-newsletter, 279Connect, and the districtwide postcard mailing (Oct, Feb, May).
- Multiple avenues for feedback will be offered when ECMAC is ready to propose potential solutions to the over-capacity conditions at three elementary schools.
Meeting dates, locations and materials
September 24, 2018 (Orientation at Educational Service Center)
October 29, 2018 (Educational Service Center)
Please read this article, which provides important context for the following meeting materials.
Overview of meetings
2017-2018 Summary of Progress report
Hierarchy of district needs
FIve-year option development timeline (for discussion only, pending eventual recommendations regarding short- and long-term options)
Debt schedule (for discussion only, pending construction being recommended and approved as a short-term solution)
Option development timeline (for discussion only)
DRAFT attendance area guiding principles
DRAFT elementary capacity options analysis
November 19, 2018 (Attendance Area Team subcommittee)
December 6, 2018 (Attendance Area Team subcommittee, optional history meeting)
December 13, 2018 (Attendance Area Team subcommittee)
December 17, 2018 (Rice Lake Elementary)
Working options development timeline (for discussion only, pending eventual recommendations regarding short- and long-term options)
Fall 2018 enrollment variance from projections
Fall 2018 enrollment variance by grade level
Five-year enrollment projections
Fernbrook growth analysis
Options analysis against guiding principles
January 7, 2019 (Maple Grove Senior High) Read this related article
Running list of questions and answers
Elementary capacity with no building additions and no boundary changes
Elementary capacity with building additions and no boundary changes
Elementary capacity options analysis discussion notes
January 24, 2019 (Educational Service Center)
February 25, 2019 (Crest View Elementary)
March 18, 2019 (Osseo Middle School)
April 15, 2019 (Educational Service Center)
April 29, 2019 (Educational Service Center)