Flexible Spending Plan
The Flexible Spending Plan provides you with a way to save money on your health and/or dependent care expenses. It is classified as a "Cafeteria Plan" for federal income tax purposes.
Employee groups eligible to participate are listed in the ISD 279-Osseo Area Schools Benefits Booklet. You must re-enroll prior to each plan year for the dependent care and health care reimbursement accounts. Open enrollment is around the first two weeks of May each year and the plan year is July 1st through June 30th. You must submit receipts within 90 days of the end of the plan year for reimbursement, or your funds are forfeited.
There are 3 types of flexible spending accounts:
1) Dependent Care (Day Care)
2) Full Medical Flexible Spending
3) Limited Medical Flexible Spending (vision and dental expenses only are eligible for reimbursement)
Further Member Services for 2019-2020 Claims
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
A health savings account can be funded with your tax-exempt dollars by you, your employer, or both. Dollars from the account can help pay for eligible medical expenses not covered by an insurance plan, including the deductible, coinsurance and, in some cases, health insurance premiums.
Further Website (HSA Vendor Starting July 1, 2019)
- Verification Form Sample
- Debit Card Brochure
- Accessing Accounts on the go
- Medical Flexible Spending Account Essential Guide
- Dependent Care Guide
- Health Savings Account Guide
- Registering Online Guide
Employee HSA Contributions vary by number of work days per year. If you have questions regarding your deductions, please connect with Human Resources at 763-391-7007.
- 178 work days: 18 pay periods
- 186 work days: 20 pay periods
- 191/200/212/218 work days: 21 pay periods
- 225/260 work days: 23 pay periods